ABOUT NG CHARTERED SURVEYORS
NG Property Consultants Ltd, t/a NG Chartered Surveyors, are a Commercial Property Consultancy firm (company number 08050153) whose Registered Office is 4 Bank Court, Weldon Road, Loughborough LE11 5RF.
We are contactable via post at our office address, by telephone (0115 958 8599) or by email ([email protected]). There is also a contact enquiry form on our website.
The Data Protection Officer is Richard Brown who can be contacted by email “[email protected]” / or telephone 0115 958 8599.
NG Chartered Surveyors are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy explains how we use the information we collect, how you can instruct us to limit the use of information if you prefer, and the procedures we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
This policy applies to the use and processing of personal information collected and used by NG Chartered Surveyors. Other links within the website to other websites or other companies’ websites are not covered by the policy. NG takes the responsibilities under Data Protection Laws seriously and as a result there are procedures in place to safeguard the data we hold.
Our internal processes and systems are administered in line with the following legislation:-
- UK Data Protection Act 1998
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
AMENDMENTS & RIGHTS
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. We may notify you of changes via email.
Your principal rights under data protection law are: –
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority; and;
- The right to withdraw consent
We collect data from you when you contact us by telephone, email or letter. This may include, but not be limited to: title, name, job title, email address, postal address, telephone number, CCTV data (images remain anonymous).
If instructed on your behalf, we may also require further details in order to complete our Money Laundering procedure and further details will be required to be supplied: date of birth, passport details, bank details, VAT number, transaction data/credit data.
COLLECTING, USING & SHARING DATA
The information collected allows us to, amongst other items:
- Keep internal records.
- Contact you to provide the services requested – you may opt out at any stage if you do not wish to receive any correspondence.
- Complete our obligations under our contractual agreements, CCTV data is only viewed in the event a legal requirement arises.
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Make you aware of additional products and services which NG provide.
- Provide newsletters which we believe are relevant and of interest to you (through MailChimp see later note).
- Advise you of property which may be of interest.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
- Use your personal information as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation. We will ensure our data protection procedures are fully compliant with the procedures set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into force 25th May 2018.
By using our website, you accept the terms of this Data Protection Statement.
We will not share your data with anyone for marketing purposes. There are, however, instances where it will be disclosed:
- Where we are disinstructed to act for you, and the newly appointed party/agent requires all the salient details concerning the instruction.
- If you owe monies and it is necessary to pass the debt to a credit reference agency, debt collection and tracing agency.
- To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of NG Chartered Surveyors.
- When required by law and/or Government or Regulatory Authorities.
Please ensure that we are made aware of any changes to your personal details so that our records can be updated accordingly.
HOLDING, RETENTION & SECURITY OF INFORMATION
The information is held on secure password protected, double authentication managed servers and devices and GDPR approved mailing systems. Only NG personnel who need to view the data have access to it, and approved third party businesses or contractor contacts allowing for the type of matter being handled.
Personal information will be retained for a necessary and reasonable period unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We are required under UK tax law to keep clients’ basic personal information (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years. The information we use for marketing purposes will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to see the data we hold about you, you can lodge this request by email ([email protected]). This information can be provided free of charge and within 30 days of the acknowledged received email request. However, we reserve the right to apply an administration charge if extensive data is required, and retrieval from backup or storage facilities is necessary. We may also request proof of identity from you before the information is released to you. You have the right to submit a compliant to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ICO.org.uk) if you feel that your request has not been treated fairly.
A cookie is a file containing a string of letters or numbers that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is subsequently stored by the browser. This is sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
We may collect and store information by using cookies which may in some cases be transferred to your computer hard drive via your browser to enable our computers to recognise your browser when you use the website. Our webservers may automatically store the following information about you: your ISP, your IP address, browser type and version, your operating system etc.
This website may use sharing tools, these allow you to share content through social media networks. If you use one of these buttons, the social networking site may place a cookie on your computer. Please ensure you have checked the necessary policy for the site(s) you are visiting.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS & WEBSITE VISITOR TRACKER
Google Analytics also collects information in an anonymous form, in order to assist us with identifying how visitors find us, and how they interact with our website. The information collates the number of visitors, where they are from, and the pages they have visited.