- UK Data Protection Act 1998
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
AMENDMENTS & RIGHTS We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. We may notify you of changes via email. Your principal rights under data protection law are: –
- The right to access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to object to processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority; and;
- The right to withdraw consent
PERSONAL DATA We collect data from you when you contact us by telephone, email or letter. This may include, but not be limited to: title, name, job title, email address, postal address, telephone number, CCTV data (images remain anonymous). If instructed on your behalf, we may also require further details in order to complete our Money Laundering procedure and further details will be required to be supplied: date of birth, passport details, bank details, VAT number, transaction data/credit data. COLLECTING, USING & SHARING DATA The information collected allows us to, amongst other items:
- Keep internal records.
- Contact you to provide the services requested – you may opt out at any stage if you do not wish to receive any correspondence.
- Complete our obligations under our contractual agreements, CCTV data is only viewed in the event a legal requirement arises.
- Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
- Make you aware of additional products and services which NG provide.
- Provide newsletters which we believe are relevant and of interest to you (through MailChimp see later note).
- Advise you of property which may be of interest.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
- Use your personal information as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation. We will ensure our data protection procedures are fully compliant with the procedures set out in the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which came into force 25th May 2018.
By using our website, you accept the terms of this Data Protection Statement. We will not share your data with anyone for marketing purposes. There are, however, instances where it will be disclosed:
- Where we are disinstructed to act for you, and the newly appointed party/agent requires all the salient details concerning the instruction.
- If you owe monies and it is necessary to pass the debt to a credit reference agency, debt collection and tracing agency.
- To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of NG Chartered Surveyors.
- When required by law and/or Government or Regulatory Authorities.